The Quincy Salvation Army began the Christmas season with our annual Tree of Lights Christmas kick-off event during a luncheon on Friday, November 14 at 12:00 Noon at the Emergency Shelter/Family Services facility at 501 Broadway. This year’s campaign chairs, the John & Dale Stevenson family, were officially introduced along with the announcement of the 2014 campaign goal, which is $393,000.
Each year community leaders step up to serve as honorary chairs of the Christmas campaign, further extending the outreach and effectiveness of the efforts of The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is pleased to announce The Stevenson Family, John Jr., Dale, Jack & Alec as our 2014 Christmas Campaign Chairs.
The Salvation Army provides a variety of programs and services to assist families in need in the greater Adams County area. Following are a few examples of ways The Salvation Army has given a hand up to our neighbors in need.
The Salvation Army Emergency Shelter & Family Services provided the following assistance during 2014:
- 9,722 individual instances of assistance were given.
- 465 individuals received 3,488 nights of lodging at the Emergency Shelter.
- 16,305 meals were provided to shelter residents.
- 1,389 individuals participated in life skills classes.
- 4,016 food boxes were provided to families through the food pantry
Also, during the 2013 Holiday Season…
- 1,200 families received Christmas Food Baskets.
- 1,705 children received toys for Christmas.
- 874 individuals were provided dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Volunteers are an important part of the Christmas season and are needed to assist with many Christmas programs and activities, especially bell ringing. Please contact Alisa Elkins for more information about volunteer opportunities at (217) 231-5633.