The Quincy Salvation Army began the Christmas season with our annual Tree of Lights Christmas kick-off event during a luncheon on Thursday, November 12 at 11:30am at the Emergency Shelter/Family Services facility at 501 Broadway. This year’s campaign chairs, Bill and Chris Daniels, were officially introduced along with the announcement of the 2015 campaign goal, which is $400,000.
Each year community leaders step up to serve as honorary chairs of the Christmas campaign, further extending the outreach and effectiveness of the efforts of The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is pleased to announce Bill and Chris Daniels as our 2015 Christmas Campaign Chairs.
The Salvation Army provides a variety of programs and services to assist families in need in the greater Adams County area. Following are a few examples of ways The Salvation Army has given a hand up to our neighbors in need.
The Salvation Army Emergency Shelter & Family Services provided the following assistance during 2015:
– 17,822 individual instances of assistance were given.
– 491 individuals received 4,674 nights of lodging at the Emergency Shelter.
– 18,304 meals were provided to shelter residents.
– 931 individuals participated in life skills classes.
– 2,227 food boxes were provided to families through the food pantry
Also, during the 2014 Holiday Season…
– 1,250 families received Christmas Food Baskets.
– 5,989 toys were distributed for Christmas.
– 901 individuals were provided dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Volunteers are an important part of the Christmas season and are needed to assist with many Christmas programs and activities, especially bell ringing. Please contact Jeremy Koren for more information about volunteer opportunities at (217) 231-5633.